Compass Home Health & Rehab is a Medicare certified home health agency that has a dedicated team of therapists who just provide services for a variety of orthopedic surgeries. Highlights include:
Physical Therapy care to be initiated within 24 hours of facility discharge
We do not utilize physical therapy assistants on any of our joint replacements
- Seven-day-a-week availability
- Medication education and monitoring
- Custom built 4” step that is reversible to a standard step height that was made to fit between walkers for safer promotion of both open and closed chain therapy exercises with lower extremity joint replacements/surgeries.
- No challenges if the patient’s plan of care requires the skills of a nurse, we just do not offer a dedicated team as we do with therapy as most of the joint replacements are therapy only cases.
- We offer strong stability inside this program as both our Director of Rehab and Orthopedic Manager each have 10+ years home health experience with the same owner, who is also a physical therapist.
- Number of Nursing Visits: 1 to 3 visits if nursing is ordered
- Number of Occupational Therapy (OT) Visits: 1 to 3 if OT is ordered
Number of Physical Therapy Visits:
6 to 7 visits on patient’s younger than 70 over a 2-to-3-week period
9 to 12 visits on patient’s older than 70 over a 3-to-4-week period
- 95% of our referrals are admitted within 24 hours and other 5% was per patient request not to be admitted next day
If you have any questions regarding our Orthopaedic Program, please contact us at either of the numbers listed below.
Do I Need Orthopaedic Services?
The best way to evaluate this need, is to contact your primary care physician if you are unsure if your program requires the skills of a physical therapist or you can contact us at (570) 287-4800 if you have further questions.
Compass Home Health & Rehab complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, communicable disease or sexual orientation (an individual’s sex, gender identity, sex stereotyping, pregnancy, childbirth and related conditions).